- Connect the Canon PIXMA iX5000 or iX4000 printer to the power cord. ( note : If the automatic power-on function is enabled in the printer, the printer enters the service mode for the first time, but it will never enter the service mode if the printer is turned off by the Power button. This is because the printer remains to be turned on internally if the power is turned off by the Power button. To prevent this, disconnection of the power cord is required before starting the printer in the service mode ) .
- With the Canon PIXMA iX5000 or iX4000 printer powered off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (note : Don’t release the buttons. The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
- While holding the Power button, release Resume/Cancel button. (Don’t release the Power button.)
- While holding the Power button, press Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.
- When the Power LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times to reset waste ink counter in the Canon Pixma iX5000 / iX4000. (note : If the Power LED does not light in green the printer does not enter the service mode, disconnect the power cord and plug it again. Then start from step 1 to start the printer in the service mode again).
- At the end of the service mode, press the Power button. The paper lifting plate of the sheet feed unit will be raised.
1 kali Orange (Alarm) Service test print
2 times Green (Power) EEPROM mencetak informasi
3 times Orange (Alarm) EEPROM initialization
4 times Green (Power) Waste ink counter ulang
5 times Orange (Alarm) Tujuan pengaturan
6 times Green (Power) Print head deep cleaning (Pembersihan kedua hitam dan warna)